Friday, November 4, 2011

Breakfast thoughts

Just did sketches, started a new painting, and modified  a past painting... 

Other than my daily art practice I found myself thinking hard while eating my breakfast today.

Before, the questions you commonly asked to a friend that you haven't seen for a long time is "So how's your life?", "Are you seeing anyone?", "Where do you work?". Besides the other two it seems the "Are you seeing anyone" has changed to "Are you married yet?". Given that I'm 22 I hardly think about having a family, even having a girlfriend. And yet social "protocol" (Been watching Big Bang Theory lately lol), at least in our country, states that a question for my marital status has to be asked. I just find it... Puzzling.

 I mean given here in our area that by the age of 18-20 people get married often because that the girl in the relationship is pregnant. Which (in my opinion) defeats the purpose of "marriage". As I understand it, Marriage is done by people who loves each other and want to go to the 'next level' of the relationship. Here marriage is done because of transpired events. If that is the reason for marriage in this country anymore then I would rather go through my life without it. 



In any case here are my sketches which are from an event here.



Nope there was no batman in the Event. This is a 'batman study' I'm planning to create a painting of batman in oil as a birthday gift for a friend.






 This one is my new painting that I just started... I'm just waiting for it to dry a bit and resume

This is a study on 'melding' yellow hues with blue hues.
This is the modified version of a previous painting... Improved the Hair and gave her eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment